If you’re looking for places to go in your new Nissan this Memorial Day weekend, the Montgomeryville area has more than enough options to keep you busy. Memorial Day is on Monday, May 26 this year, but many festivities start early, with plenty of events throughout the region from Saturday the 24th right through until the Tuesday following Memorial Day.
Saturday, May 24
- Norristown, PA – At 11:00 AM, join the Montgomery County Historical Society for a Memorial Day Observance at the Montgomery Cemetery. More than 400 veterans are buried at this historic cemetery, including five Civil War generals. The Memorial Day Observance includes a wreath-laying ceremony, military reenactment and a special exhibit at the gatehouse.
- Green Lane, PA – See the 78th Army Band Memorial Day Tribute. This hour-long musical tribute to America’s Veterans begins at 1:00 PM at Green Lane Park. The concert is free for all ages. Seating is not provided, so please bring a lawn chair or blanket to sit on.
Sunday, May 25
- Langhorne, PA – Memorial Day fireworks start at 9:00 PM at Sesame Place Park. This ten-minute fireworks display will be set to the music of Sesame Street, and admittance to the park begins just five minutes before the fireworks start.
Monday, May 26
- Doylestown, PA – Enjoy the Memorial Day Pancake Breakfast at the Doylestown Lodge. Breakfast will be served from 7:00 AM until Noon, and kids 6 and under eat for free. Admission is $6 for adults, and $3 and children ages 7 to 10.
- Hatfield, PA – The Hatfield Memorial Day Parade and Service begins at 9:00 AM at the corner of Broad Street and Market Street and ends at the American Legion on Koffel Road. Stick around for the Memorial Service at the Legion following the parade.
Tuesday, May 27
- Telford, PA – Attend the annual Memorial Day Picnic at the Rising Sun Inn. This free event includes food and drink specials from 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM. You can also watch or enter the Horseshoes Tournament at 2:00 PM. The tournament is free to enter, and cash prizes are available.
Wherever you decide to go for your Memorial Day holiday in the Montgomeryville area, one thing you’re sure to need is a reliable vehicle to get you there and back safely. Contact us today at Montgomeryville Nissan to learn more about our great selection of new and pre-owned vehicles or stop by any time to see for yourself.