Knowing how to parallel park your Nissan is important, especially when you live or work in Philadelphia, Lansdale and Doylestown. Unfortunately, it’s one of the most difficult ways to park, so very few know how to accurately do it – until now.
For those wanting to look perfect with their parking skills, Montgomeryville Nissan has created your full guide on how to parallel park your Nissan. Check it out below!
Parallel Parking Your Nissan
- Find the right parking spot. You’ll need to look for one that’s not only big enough to fit your car but also long enough to have some extra space in front and behind your vehicle. This will make sure you’ll be able to get out with ease and without tapping another car.
- Once you’ve found the right spot, pull about three feet past the space next to the car you’re parking behind and switch your right turn signal on.
- Turn your wheel to the right and start backing slowly. Be sure to look into your side mirrors and behind you as you’re doing this to keep an eye on oncoming traffic and the amount of space you have.
- Once your car is at a 45-degree angle from the vehicle ahead, start turning your wheel to the left.
- Keep turning the wheel and backing up until your car is secure and straight in the spot. You should be less than one foot away from the curb.
If you don’t get it right on your first try, you can make adjustments by pulling up, moving back, and straightening the wheel as needed.
Tips to Remember
- It’s always best to take it slow when you’re parallel parking your Nissan. Doing this not only helps you get into the spot better, but it can help you avoid hitting any vehicles or objects around you.
- Keep your foot off the gas pedal. This will help you maintain better control of your vehicle.
- Look for a spot that’s about 6 feet long or more. These spaces are easier to park in and get out of the spot later.
- Most importantly, practice makes perfect, so be sure to practice in a safe and less crowded space when you are trying to improve your parking skills.
Use Your Around View® Monitor
If you have a Nissan model that’s equipped with the advanced Around View® Monitor, use it! This safety feature uses a number of cameras to provide a more comprehensive image of your surroundings to help you better judge the distance between yourself, the curb and any other cars. On top of that, it will display helpful guidelines on the screen so that you can see the direction your car is going while you’re parallel parking your Nissan.
Parallel parking can be a tough task for any driver in Philadelphia, Lansdale and Doylestown. So consult this guide or contact Montgomeryville Nissan to help you