The Nissan Altima is a fantastic sedan that remains competitive with other popular sedans on the market today. Its consistent and practical design have kept it from falling by the wayside over the years, and technical innovations make each successive model more impressive than the last. With so many options available, it may be difficult to decide on the trim level that is just right for you. Philadelphia’s local Nissan dealership, Montgomeryville Nissan, servicing residents in the Philadelphia, Doylestown and Lansdale areas, highlights the key differences between each Nissan Altima trim level below.
Nissan Altima Standard Trim Features
The Nissan Altima has far more trim levels than other models, with seven in total. These are the 2.5, 2.5 S, 2.5 SR, 2.5 SV, 2.5 SL, 3.5 SR, and 3.5 SL. The key difference is that the trims with 2.5 in the name are fitted with a 2.5 liter four-cylinder engine, whereas 3.5 designates a 3.5 liter V6 engine.
Each trim comes with the same standard features, mostly focused on increasing safety and performance. Understeer, dynamic and traction control systems all assist with handling and stability to prevent slippage and spinouts or other accidents. The anti-lock braking system works with electronic brake force distribution to maximize your vehicle’s stopping power. The Nissan DriveAssist display and Bluetooth connectivity make each vehicle both informative and easily integrated with smartphones.
Nissan Altima Trim Differences
Each progressive Nissan Altima trim level maintains features of the previous while adding new ones, which may be more or less important depending on your driving wants and needs.
- The Nissan Altima’s 2.5 S trim level adds the NissanConnect mobile application suite and the Intelligent Key remote system to the base level Nissan Altima.
- The 2.5 Altima SR trim is more performance oriented, with a spoiler, 18-inch alloy wheels and paddle shifters being standard on this trim level.
- Rear cross traffic alert, blind spot monitoring and remote engine stopping make the 2.5 SV Altima trim one of the safest picks.
- The 2.5 SL Altima is the most luxurious of the 2.5 trims. This trim is equipped with leather upholstery, a powered passenger seat, an auto-dimming rearview mirror and an upgraded audio system.
- The Altima 3.5 SR trims add performance features, like an eight-way power seat, Siri Eyes Free, Bluetooth, and six speaker audio system.
- The Altima’s 3.5 SL maintains those along with luxuries like a powered moon roof.
Optional features and packages are only available with certain trims, and these may sway a buyer along with standards. For example, forward emergency braking is only available on a higher trim level, and is a safety feature that some drivers may not want to overlook.
Schedule a Test Drive in Your Favorite Trim at Montgomeryville Nissan
Montgomeryville Nissan is more than happy to assist you with learning more about Nissan Altima trim levels. For those in Doylestown, Lansdale and Philadelphia, scheduling a test drive around the dealership is recommended in order to experience the differences between the various Nissan Altima trim levels. A member of our experienced staff can also figure out which trim level is best for your driving needs and desires. Contact Montgomeryville Nissan at 888-431-2905 for sales information, questions or to test drive a Nissan Altima.