Philadelphia is truly a remarkable city. Not only is it rife with some of the most significant history in our nation, but it also includes plenty of incredible art and culture. Not to mention, one of the most haunted buildings in America.
No matter what time of year you visit Eastern State Penitentiary, there’s a good chance you’ll encounter some unexplainable phenomena. However, Halloween’s Terror Behind the Walls takes this weirdness to a whole new level.
Fear Is on Lockdown at Eastern State Penitentiary
There are more than a few national publications that have named Eastern State Penitentiary the most terrifying attraction in the entire country. But the truth is, even when you take away the incredible spectacle of their Halloween theatrics, this ruin is almost more disturbing than ever.
There was a time when Eastern State Penitentiary was the most famous and expensive prison in the world, a place where numerous prisoners were tortured, ravaged, and left to die. As early as the 1940s, guards and inmates began reporting strange, paranormal occurrences.
Since it was shut down and abandoned, this ruin has been visited by a multitude of paranormal investigators. It’s even been featured on national programs such as FOX’s World’s Scariest Places and Syfy’s Ghost Hunters.
This Year’s Haunts
When you visit the penitentiary this year, you’ll have six heart-stopping attractions to choose from, all of which are included in a single ticket price…
- Infirmary: Delve into the world of prison medicine, where shock therapy, hydrotherapy, and other tortures abound.
- Quarantine 4D: This attraction blends optical illusions and odd mutations to keep visitors on edge.
- Break Out: The prisoners are desperate to escape, and they’ll use any means necessary to do so—even you!
- Lockdown: The Uprising: Ruthless, demonic creatures have risen from the penitentiary depths. Can you outrun them?
- Machine Shop: Ever wonder how those old torture devices came to be? The evil machine shop is the source.
- The Flashlight Walk: Take a VIP tour of the penitentiary, exploring its deepest, darkest, depths. This jaunt is said to be quiet enough that you can hear everything that might go bump in the night.
Sweet Screams Are Made of This…
Whether you’re visiting one of their phenomenal Halloween attractions, or are visiting in broad daylight, there’s more than enough scares to keep your heart pounding.
To learn more about Terror Behind the Walls at Eastern State Penitentiary, connect with them on Facebook today!