The American love of road trips speaks to the very founding of our country. First explorers charted a brand new land, then wagon trains headed west, followed by the iron horse. All went overland, and this continent remains a fabulous canvas upon which any driver with a reliable vehicle can paint his own exploratory map.
Montgomeryville Nissan understands this American love of the road, and we take our responsibilities very seriously. Whether you buy your vehicle from us then head 80 miles east to Asbury Park, on a Bruce Springsteen discovery tour, or almost 3,000 miles west to reconnect with your inner hippie in San Francisco, yours will be a trouble-free road trip in a Montgomeryville Nissan vehicle.
When it comes to road tripping, every song has to be a story song, and each must tell a tale of movement from where you are, to where you want to be. Most home-recorded CDs take 80 minutes of music, so the first two subheads are broken down to allow you to burn your own Top 20 Road Trip Songs.
25. 101, by Albert Hammond, Jr.
24. Another Travelin’ Song, by Bright Eyes
23. Big Jet Plane, by Angus & Julia Stone
22. Can’t Getcha Out of my Mind, by Deep Dark Robot
21. Carolina on my Mind, by James Taylor
20. Fast Car, by Tracy Chapman
19. Going to California, by Led Zeppelin
18. (The) High Road, by Broken Bells
17. Highway to Hell, by AC/DC
16. Home, by Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
15. Landlocked Blues, by Bright Eyes w/Emmylou Harris
14. Magic Bus, by The Who
13. Midnight Rider, by Allman Brothers Band
12. No Cars Go, by Arcade Fire
11. Ol’ 55, by Tom Waits
10. Radar Love, by Golden Earring
9. Road to Nowhere, by Talking Heads
8. Runnin’ Down a Dream, by Tom Petty
7. Running on Empty, by Jackson Browne
6. Truckin’, by The Grateful Dead
5. Tush, by ZZ Top
4. Should I Stay or Should I Go?, by The Clash
All Time Top Three
Now for the Big Guns; the three greatest songs ever recorded that use movement and travel as both theme and emblem:
“And all of it is yours and mine / And all of it is yours and mine / So let’s ride and ride and ride and ride”
“In the day we sweat it out on the streets of a runaway American dream / At night we ride through the mansions of glory in suicide machines / Sprung from cages out on highway 9 / Chrome wheeled, fuel injected / And steppin’ out over the line”
“On the road again / Goin’ places that I’ve never been / Seein’ things that I may never see again / Like a band of gypsies we go down the highway / We’re the best of friends / Insisting that the world keep turning our way, and our way / Is on the road again””
Whether you’re driving a head-turning Nissan 370Z Touring two-door Roadster, or a Nissan NV S High Roof van that you can throw a mattress in the back of, resist the temptation to smash a champagne bottle over the hood as you set sail on your Great American Road Trip. Instead, put your CDs in the six-disc changer, or plug your iPhone into Nissan’s fabulous new-for-2014 Bose six-speaker audio system, pull off the Montgomeryville Nissan forecourt and hit the blacktop for a journey you’ll never forget.