Compact cars have certain advantages that make them the perfect vehicles for some drivers. The Nissan Versa has earned its place at the top of this class. According to IHS Automotive, Polk, the Versa is America’s overall best-selling entry vehicle from 2009 to 2013. The 2014 and 2015 Versa models certainly keep up this legacy.
What makes the Nissan Versa such a great entry vehicle?
- The low entry MSRP is a good place to start. The Versa Sedan starts at $11,990 while the Note’s starting price is $13,990. This makes it affordable for many drivers getting their first brand new car. When compared to other compact entry cars, the Versa stands out as one of the best values on the market.
- To keep costs low, the Nissan Versa offers excellent gas mileage. Both the Sedan and the Note have an mpg of 31 in the city and 40 on the highway. With this kind of gas mileage, a single tank of gas can last a couple of weeks with normal driving. This helps keep down driving costs, which is perfect for those on a budget.
- The Versa offers best-in-class roominess for both front and rear passengers. This makes getting everyone in the car easy and comfortable. The Note has a bit more room than the Sedan, but both offer plenty of leg and head room for the taller passengers who might go along for the ride. It is the main reason the Versa got the moniker of “Your door to more.”
- Storage space is plentiful in the Nissan Versa. Both the Sedan and the Note offer various cup holders, nooks and crannies throughout the vehicle to keep everything organized and ready to go. The Sedan’s trunk offers 14.9 cubic feet of cargo space, with a large pass-through for long or bulky items. The Note offers 18.8 cubic feet when the rear seats are up. When the driver folds the rear seats down, you get a whopping 38.3 cubic feet of cargo room.
- Options, options, options. That is one of the true hallmarks of the Nissan Versa. The Sedan offers four trim levels: S, S Plus, SV, and SL. The Note offers five trim levels, S, S Plus, SV, SR, and SL. The base S model offers 15-inch steel wheels, A/C, cloth upholstery, and steering wheel audio controls. At the other end of the spectrum, the top-end SL comes standard with 16-inch alloy wheels, keyless ignition, satellite radio, and smart phone integration. The amount of optional features available at each level is astonishing.
These are only a few of the reasons why the Versa is America’s best-selling entry vehicle for so long. If you want to experience the true value of the Versa, you need to take a test drive today.
Stop by the showroom here at Montgomeryville Nissan. We are the leading automotive Nissan dealership in the Philadelphia area. We have a wide assortment of Versas as well as other leading Nissan models. Our pre-owned selection is unrivaled in the area. For world-class automotive service and parts, you need look no further.